Landlord–Tenant Attorney in Marlborough, MA

Whether you’re a landlord or a tenant, you have legal rights and responsibilities. If things are going wrong with your tenancy or your property, you need the help of an experienced professional landlord/tenant lawyer in order to ensure your rights are being protected. Call Aaron J. Ferrecchia to get the legal help you need in Marlborough, Worcester, Boston, Middlesex County and the surrounding areas.

When Should a Landlord Hire a Lawyer?

If you are a landlord, you may not think you need a lawyer for a minor case or eviction.  However, many cases, even small ones, require the experience of a professional to make sure that you and your property are protected as a mistake could cost you thousands:

  • Evictions: If you have a tenant who fails to pay rent, violates lease terms, or is otherwise problematic, you may need to resort to eviction. This process is highly regulated and detailed, so you need the help of an experienced professional to ensure that you get an appropriate outcome.
  • Tenant Lawsuits: Whether you’re sued for discrimination, property conditions, or violations of law, you need the legal protection that Aaron J. Ferrecchia can provide. These cases can have high stakes, and I’ll help you build a strong defense.

I promise that I’ll do everything in my power to help you get back to normal as quickly as possible.

When Should a Tenant Hire a Lawyer?

As a tenant, you have rights under Massachusetts Law that your landlord cannot ignore. You should consider hiring a landlord/tenant attorney for situations like:

  • Evictions: If your landlord is trying to evict you, you need professional help. We’ll work together to come up with the best strategies for your defense so that you can delay or perhaps even stop an eviction, and defend against claims made by your landlord.
  • Bad Conditions and Bad Actions by the Landlord: If you are living in a property that is substandard due to the landlord’s negligence, is lacking utilities or basic necessities, or the landlord simply didn’t live up to the promises made at the outset of the lease, I can help you get repairs made, recover money damages, or defend against claims made by the landlord.
  • Security Deposits and other Deposits: The laws relating to all deposits paid by tenants to residential landlords are very specific and very complex.  If you think that you paid an illegal deposit, or if you think the landlord might have improperly held or withheld your money, I may be able to help you recover and get that money back.

Both tenants and landlords need professional, experienced help when the landlord/tenant relationship breaks down so call 508-251-9704 today for a consultation to see if my services are right for you.